Loose Parts For Children With Diverse Abilities
Loose Parts For Children with Diverse Abilities
The Importance of Designing Equitable and Inclusive Early Childhood Ecosystems
This book is a triumph for me. It is the first book I have written alone.
The book is guided by the concepts of play equity and how they informed our work with children and families. This book invites us to embrace the idea that all children have the right to play and that no other adult agenda should replace this fundamental right. Play equity can serve as a lens to ensure that every child has the opportunity to play and learn at their highest capacity. This book is a commitment and an invitation to early childhood educators and families to see children with diverse abilities for their strengths and listen to their powerful voices. We need to create ecosystems based on the practices of peace and freedom. Together, we must work towards changing the current educational narrative that silences the voices of many children—in this case, children with diverse abilities.
Play is a magnificent activity that sustains life and promotes joy and hopefulness.
Loose Parts for Children with Diverse Abilities addresses the importance of play while providing appropriate accommodation to support young children with diverse abilities.
Award-winning author and educator Miriam Beloglovsky advocates for play for play sake and invites early childhood educators and families to see children with diverse abilities’ strengths, recognize them as capable, competent, and creative, and listen to their powerful voices.
With hundreds of illustrative full-color photographs and infused with real stories of children with diverse abilities engaged in loose parts play, the book also includes narrative comments from families and educators.
- Winner of the Tilliwig Toy and Media Award
- Brain Child Award
- Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Award by Learning Magazine
- Bronze Medal Winner of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Finalist of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Winner of Tilliwig Parent Favorite Products
- Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children
- Loose Part 2: Inspiring Play with Infants and Toddlers
- Loose Parts 3: Inspiring Culturally Sustainable Environments
- Loose Parts 4: Inspiring 21st Century Learning
- Early Learning Theories Made Visible
- Design in Mind: A Framework for Sparking Ideas, Collaboration, and Innovation in Early Education
- Loose Parts For Children With Diverse Abilities