Loose Parts Book 2
Loose Parts: Inspiring Play With Infants and Toddlers
After the success of the first book; Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children, there was a need to consider how Loose Parts could be used with infants.
Before writing the book, I reached out to some of my friends who have Infant Toddler expertise to get their perspectives.
Dr. Annie White, a dear friend invited us to connect with the Early Head Start in Placer County, California. The book organically emerged as we used their beautiful spaces to photograph. I am incredibly thankful for Denyse Cardoza, for her trust and wisdom to bring innovative programs, such as Loose Parts into Head Start.
Loose Parts Book 2
This follow-up to the wildly popular Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children brings the fun of found objects to infants and toddlers. A variety of new and innovative loose parts ideas are paired with beautiful photography to inspire safe loose parts play in your infant toddler environment. Learn about the safety considerations of each age group and how to appropriately select materials for your children. Captivating classroom stories and proven science, provide the context for how this style of play supports children’s development and learning. Because the possibilities are endless, each child can use the materials appropriate for their developmental level and safely explore their world.
The second book in the Loose Parts series has received many accolades and awards
- Winner of the Tilliwig Toy and Media Award
- Brain Child Award
- Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Award by Learning Magazine
- Bronze Medal Winner of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Finalist of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Winner of Tilliwig Parent Favorite Products
- Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children
- Loose Part 2: Inspiring Play with Infants and Toddlers
- Loose Parts 3: Inspiring Culturally Sustainable Environments
- Loose Parts 4: Inspiring 21st Century Learning
- Early Learning Theories Made Visible
- Design in Mind: A Framework for Sparking Ideas, Collaboration, and Innovation in Early Education
- Loose Parts For Children With Diverse Abilities