Loose Parts Book 1
Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children
The book that started the international conversation about the importance of Loose Parts to support play.
This book is the culmination of years of implementing Loose Parts into my practicum courses.
I noticed that Loose Parts presented a challenge to students, educators, and children who were used to implementing activities and using toys instead of non-prescriptive objects. Perhaps we can say that this book emerged to answer the question “What does infusing Loose Parts into early childhood ecosystems looks like?” That is how the idea of using over 550 captivating and colorful photographs emerged. Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children provides inspiration, research, powerful stories, and research about how everyday materials can support play and learning. With loose parts, the possibilities are endless.
Loose Parts Book 1
Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children created an international phenomenon that brought the concept of Loose Parts to the conversations on play and learning. This book has been translated into multiple languages and has won several awards and recognitions. Including: Tillywig Award Winner 2015, Brain Child
- Winner of the Tilliwig Toy and Media Award
- Brain Child Award
- Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Award by Learning Magazine
- Bronze Medal Winner of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Finalist of the Foreword Indies Best Published Educational Book Award
- Winner of Tilliwig Parent Favorite Products
- Loose Parts: Inspiring Play in Young Children
- Loose Part 2: Inspiring Play with Infants and Toddlers
- Loose Parts 3: Inspiring Culturally Sustainable Environments
- Loose Parts 4: Inspiring 21st Century Learning
- Early Learning Theories Made Visible
- Design in Mind: A Framework for Sparking Ideas, Collaboration, and Innovation in Early Education
- Loose Parts For Children With Diverse Abilities